Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sentament and Music

My taste in music is not exactly "beast" as DQ puts it. In fact, nobody in the family likes most of my music!

I don't have a particular style I prefer, but it usually involves the 80's and 90's. Who remembers Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul? What about Nelson, and Color Me Bad? I love AC/DC and Def Leopard. I love Amy Grant and Micheal W. Smith. I love Garth Brooks and Toby Keith. I love Disney movie soundtracks.
Now most of these songs are not particularly brilliant, but for me they have memories attached. Moments of my life where I was happy, or sad, or lonely, or confused. These artists and songs were my friends that didn't talk back or judge.
For a girl these songs made my crush on whatever boy I was chasing bigger. They made my heartbreak when said boy and I were no longer crushing more dramatic. They made my party days more fun. They made my wedding day more special.

In high school I dated the same boy for most of it. We dated through part of college, and even some after I moved down south. Now, there were boys in between the drama that I dated or crushed on, but it was always about this one boy in the end; until I met hubby. Ahhh, finally I had met HIM, THE ONE! He was so cute, and so sweet, and so willing to be all mine! Of course we both had so much growing to do, but we didn't care, all that mattered were the fireworks!

Of course we picked a song. John Micheal Montgomery: I Love The Way You Love Me. Sniff: getting a little weepy here!!! He has his favorite for me that makes me grin from ear to ear!!! Brad Paisley's She's Everything, which I must admit is just about perfect.

Do you have any songs that make you melt, cry, laugh, reminisce?

Amy

No comments:

Come check me out!!

Amy Harrison's Facebook profile