Monday, November 28, 2011

Where Have I Been???

I guess it's been awhile huh? Let me tell you I have missed blogging so much but just couldn't find the time, energy, or desire to come back. Today I felt a tug so here I am.

If you have followed me at all in the last year or so you would know that I have had some trying times. I have chosen not to blog about it all because I had such anger and sadness. We lost my father and my mother in law. We had emergency hernia surgery, and gall bladder surgery. I hurt my hand very bad at work. There has been a lot of anger and hurt in the family. There is more to my trial but I am not going to go into that. All I can say is that this trial has been life changing.

At first I didn't understand, and to some extent I still don't. I have had so much sadness and heart break that I can't even put words to it. I never knew losing my father and having to pick up the pieces of that loss for me and my mother and the rest of my family would be so hard. Now I am working on picking up the pieces of losing my mother in law.

People that know me personally have asked "when are ya'll going to get a break?" Believe me it's a question I've asked God many times! I have been so angry at God. I have been so angry at people. But you know what? God has a plan. I have learned so much going through this trial. It's still not easy, and some days are harder than others, but blessings are abounding!

My mother has moved in with us. God blessed us with a home that could be expanded for her. God blessed us with the funds to be able to do just that. Having her here has been so great for our family. She is here for the kids when hubby and I are at work. She is here when someone gets sick. She's just here and it's nice.

I never realized what an amazing man I married until all of this happened. He has been a rock, even through losing his own mother he has stood firm. He has reached out to my mother in a way most men would never do for the MIL. He has held me many times as I wept, and yelled, and screamed. He has been a blessing I can never get over. I love you so much Hubby!!!!

BB and DQ have changed so much! BB is now almost 5'7 and in his last year of middle school! He is becoming such a charmer!!! DQ is in 7th grade and stunning! She is almost as tall as me ( not hard to do I assure you!), and her hair is still so blond! They are both amazing children that I am so blessed and honored to raise!

We have started attending a home church. God has brought us down a path I never dreamed of. We have such a different perspective on what He wants us to be as believers. We are to be holy always. There is no such thing as "fire insurance". It says in the bible that where there is sin, He CANNOT be! It's been eye opening!

Hope you are able to catch your breath after this whirlwind of emotions. I cannot promise you there won't be more emotional posts to come so stick around for the walk of life I travel!!

Amy

No comments:

Come check me out!!

Amy Harrison's Facebook profile